- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the spinach is shrinking, gently remove the stems from the mushroom caps with a knife and then clean them by wiping them down with a damp cloth. Set aside.
- Mix the ricotta and egg or the cream cheese with the wilted spinach, Parmesan, basil, chilli powder, seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and top each one with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Place the stuffed mushys onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes (so you don’t burn your mouth on the boiling hot cheese mixture) and serve with some steamed, mashed, or sautéed veg.
Any leafy green can be used in place of spinach, so get creative. Also, try using your fav cheeses in place of the Parmesan! And the final variation: use other mushrooms, even a bunch of little ones, to save some cashola.