- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Drizzle just one tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt over the bread slices, then bake them for 2-3 minutes until they are ever-so-slightly toasted. Take them out and set aside.
- While the bread is toasting, mix together the other tablespoon of olive oil with the remaining ingredients (including plenty of salt and pepper!).
- Top the toasted bread generously with the tomato mixture. Bake again for a further 3-5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and the Parmesan has begun to melt.
- Let them cool slightly so the juices can mingle then serve!
As I said in the intro, fresh basil is really the way to go. Give it a coarse chopping and then add it to the tomato mixture.