- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry until they darken slightly and begin to release their aroma.
- Add the onions and fry until they start to soften. Stir in the garlic, chorizo, and peppers and continue frying until they have softened as well, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, saffron, paprika, and plenty of salt and pepper and give everything a good stir. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes then check the seasoning. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/350ºF.
- If your frying pan is not oven safe, transfer the mixture to one that is. Dig out three shallow indentations and gently crack an egg into each one.
- Give a last salt and pepper shake to the eggs and finally bake for 10-15 minutes until the whites have just cooked. Be sure to watch it closely so that the yolk stays nice and runny.
- Use a large spoon to dish up so the egg stays intact and serve with warm crusty bread.
Skip the chorizo and keep it vegetarian! Just add some chili flakes or cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit.